29 April 2013

project life in 2013: weeks 28 + 29

week 28
february 4-10
What happened this week? This was a pretty normal week for us.  We continued to ski, I worked and Josh went to class.  We got together with some friends, attended a Russian party, and we went to the Teknisk (Technical) Museum in Oslo for our date night.  I made valentines for some friends back in the USA with a stamp that I carved.  
Anything special in the spread? Nothing too special here.  I made the triangle stamped 3x4 card with kraft paper and a stamp I carved.  I also included a piece of really cool paper (the blue & gold one) from Dick Blick.  My secret Santa (Erica Vogler) gave me some awesome paper for Christmas.

Favorite photo this week: The bottom two skiing pictures are my favorites.  The picture of both of us was taken when we skied off the main trail a little ways and the bottom right picture is of Josh about five minutes from our apartment.  I loved how the trees would be completely covered in snow during the winter.
Overall thoughts: I tried to sort of have a color scheme this week (yellow, gold and blues) and I like the result.  It's a little more cohesive than some of my past spreads. 

week 29
february 11-17
What happened this week? We went to see the Tallest Man on Earth in concert, Josh had his big Fulbright seminar and we went on the Fulbright ski weekend.  This week I also ended my tutoring sessions with one student, but picked up another student.  I also listened to Mindy Kaling's audiobook while I worked on projects and cooked.  It was pretty funny, but not super funny.  I enjoyed it anyways.
Anything special in the spread?  I used thickers to spell out "Tallest Man on Earth" on the picture of Kristian Matsson. I stuck the thickers right on the plastic page protector. I kind of wish I hadn't used the orange date card, but oh well.
Favorite photo this week: I love the picture of Josh with snow on his beard because it's so funny that that happens.  
Overall thoughts: I was glad to get a lot of photos from our ski trip into the spread.  I still wanted to share my thoughts about the weekend, so I used a foldable journaling card to include more words.


Supplies and Tools: American Crafts thickerswashi tape, paper source labels, pretty paper from Dick Blick, random paper from my stash, Design A and B photo pocket pages (this variety pack), Seafoam core kit, Cobalt cardstock, black sharpie, black steadtler fineliner pen.

Project Life is a simple scrapbooking system by Becky Higgins.  I am using this system to document our first year of marriage with photos, words and other fun paper stuff.  You can see my other project life pages here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear immediately.