17 April 2013

around here.

Lots has been happening around here in Oslo during the past couple weeks.  When we returned from Budapest it was sunny and the sky was blue!  We started running outside a lot more, which is refreshing and exciting compared to running on a treadmill. I've had a couple picnics outside, with Josh and with my friend Jana.  I also went with some friends to Ekeberg cafe, which overlooks Oslo.  We enjoyed the view, drank coffee, ate Danish waffles and talked for quite a long time.  It was delightful.

 Josh has started a new class at SUM called Philosophical Foundations of Eco-modernity.  The course is taught by Josh's advisor, Martin Muller, who is a really great teacher and story teller.  Josh said he really liked the first class a lot. I finished my last tutoring session last week and am unsure whether I will work with anymore students.  No one is currently in need of an English tutor, but we'll see.  I'm still babysitting and I think the kids are starting to like me more and more, although bedtime is usually rough for them. We rearranged our living room, added our new Hungarian pillow cases to the pillows and we're working on some spring decorations!  We're also in trip planning mode (we're going to Stockholm this weekend) and are looking forward to a steady stream of visitors starting in May.

I am ready for Spring to really spring in Oslo.  Last week was sunny and snow was melting, but this week has been super foggy and gray.  I am ready to walk barefooted on the grass, do some gardening and have picnics in the sun!  How about you?  What's your favorite part about Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear immediately.