02 August 2013

project life in 2013: week 34

week 34
march 18-24
To say I'm behind on sharing project life spreads here is a major understatement. But I'm not giving up. I am almost caught up on putting together my summer spreads, but I haven't even finished sharing spring layouts here! For that reason I may just share some of my favorites from spring. We'll see.
(Click on the photo to see it larger)

What happened this week? We had to return our skis this week, which was sad. We accidentally shrunk the wool hat I made for Josh, which was super sad. This wasn't a really sad week other than those two things. We continued praying in the morning during lent, I worked on some etsy related projects and we planned another cabin trip, which turned into an "indoor cabin trip." We also made some minor adjustments to our living room that made a big difference for us.
Anything special in the spread? I made a couple 3x4 cards with my very own stamps and added some painted (and some unpainted) thickers to the picture of Josh's shrunken hat.
Favorite photo: I love the pictures of our the tent we made in our living room, but my favorite is the hat photo. It really was sad when we found that in the midst of our laundry. For some reason, though, the photo makes me smile now.
Overall thoughts: I love the colors in this spread. It can be hard to make winter pictures look bright, colorful and cheery, but this layout managed to have a cheerful vibe. Prepping these project life spreads for the blog is like a window into our old life. I'm already reminiscing about our life in Norway even just a month removed from it; I have a real fondness for this past year.
Supplies and Tools: American Crafts thickerswashi tape, paper source labels, pretty paper from Dick Blick, random paper from my stash, Design A and B photo pocket pages (this variety pack), Seafoam core kit, Cobalt cardstock, black sharpie, black steadtler fineliner pen, slicker writer pens.

Project Life is a simple scrapbooking system by Becky Higgins.  I am using this system to document our first year of marriage with photos, words and other fun paper stuff.  You can see my other project life pages here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear immediately.