16 August 2013

project life in 2013: weeks 35+36

week 35
march 25-31
What happened this week? We went to Budapest, Hungary to meet the Iványis, close friends of the Kline Family (Josh's maternal grandparents). Read more about our trip here
(click on the photo to see it larger)

Anything special in the spread? Josh and I each wrote our highlights of the trip on a 3x4 card. I love that he was willing to participate in this project; his thoughts aren't always the same as mine, so it's great to get both of our memories in this book.
Favorite photo: I love the bridge pictures. Budapest is divided by the Danube river and several cool bridges connect the Buda side to the Pest side.
Overall thoughts: It was gray and snowy in Budapest, so most of our pictures are gray. I used colorful paper to brighten up this spread and that seemed to work. I also wrote on a lot of the pictures with slick writers.

week 36
april 1-7
What happened this week? This was a typical week at home. We went on some hikes, studied, worked and had a chilly picnic. I really enjoyed going with some friends to Ekeberg Restaurant where we drank coffee and had a beautiful view of Oslofjord and the downtown area.
(click on the photo to see it larger)

Anything special in the spread? Nothing out of the ordinary here. Just lots of the seafoam kit and a pretty piece of paper from Dick Blick. 
Favorite photo: I really love the photo of Josh playing guitar at the table with the sunlight streaming in. If I remember correctly, that was on Sunday. I was reading and he was playing and it was just a peaceful, happy time.
Overall thoughts: This week was a little less exciting in comparison to a week in Budapest, but it was still a good one. And I'm thankful to have the ordinary stuff to look back on.

Supplies and Tools: American Crafts thickerswashi tape, paper source labels, pretty paper from Dick Blick, random paper from my stash, Design A and B photo pocket pages (this variety pack), Seafoam core kit, Cobalt cardstock, black sharpie, black steadtler fineliner pen, slicker writer pens.

Project Life is a simple scrapbooking system by Becky Higgins.  I am using this system to document our first year of marriage with photos, words and other fun paper stuff.  You can see my other project life pages here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear immediately.