Josh and I have eaten this meal a few times in the past month because cauliflower, potatoes and carrots are super cheap this time of year. This recipe is my very own creation. (Although, somewhere in the world someone has probably eaten this already.) I usually like to follow recipes rather than experiment with cooking, so I am excited to share a Rachel original.
Baked Potatoes with Herb Roasted Cauliflower and Carrots
2 large potatoes (or 4 medium potatoes)
1 medium onion
1 large carrot
2 cups cauliflower florets
3 large garlic cloves
Seasonings: salt, pepper, basil, thyme, rosemary, parsley, garlic powder
Plain yogurt (or sour cream) and butter for serving
1. Preheat oven to 425 F (218 C)
2. Bake the potatoes however you like- I just put it in the preheated oven for about an hour.
3. Chop onion in half and thinly slice it. Cut carrot into bite sized pieces and chop the cauliflower into florets. Toss the veggies with olive oil and sprinkle generously with the seasonings. Toss again. Put veggies onto a baking sheet and roast for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven until tender and slightly browned. Stir occasionally.
4. Meanwhile, mince the garlic. Add it to the veggies after 10-15 minutes.
5. When potatoes and veggies are done cooking, slice potato in half and fill with butter. Top potatoes with the roasted veggies and a dollop of plain yogurt. I imagine cheese would also be great on this, but we haven’t had cheese around in a while.
Eat and Enjoy!