09 October 2012

project life: weeks 2+3

I'm finally catching up on sharing project life!
The first week after we got back from our honeymoon was crazy. The week was July 29-August 4 and it was the week before we left for Oslo.  Although that feels like forever ago, I do remember really enjoying the time we spent with friends and family and not thinking much about my camera. So that week got a just one pocket with a short description.  
August 5-11 was the week we left for Oslo.  (We left August 6.)  I wrote a short description of our last day or two in Greenville.  Saying goodbye was really hard and I still remember seeing my Mom smiling at me through her tears as we waved goodbye in the airport.  Shortly after that sweet goodbye I hit myself in the nose with my ukulele and burst into tears.  While a ukulele to the face does hurt a lot, I think those tears had something to do with all the goodbyes of that day and the previous two days.  

I included some pictures of our first week in Oslo- Josh reading on the couch, our first grocery purchases, the lake and a picture of Josh from the Fulbright brochure.  

It’s kind of hard to stay up-to-date with this project because it’s mighty expensive to print off photos in Oslo (nearly 1 USD per photo!).  I had most of these photos printed in the U.S. and my mom sent them to me. Oh boy, it was a great day when those photos arrived in the mail!  While it’s a bit annoying to be so behind on this project, it’s also nice to be reminded of what our life was like and how I was feeling 2 months ago.

For those of you interested in starting this project, look here to learn more about project life.  For those of you scrapbookers or other project lifers,  here are the supplies I used in these pages: Black Signature Binder, Project Life Cardstock- Cobalt Collection, Photo Pocket Pages Designs A and B (I have this variety pack),  buttons and paper tabs from Ormolu, colorful Sharpies, American Crafts Slick Writers. American Craft Thickers. Washi tape from this etsy shop.  Lots of kraft cardstock, because it's my favorite.  Since I'm pretty thrifty, I plan on mostly using supplies I already have.  However, I have discovered the wonderful world of free project life printable journaling cards.  I suggest searching for project life on pinterest to find lots of freebies. 

1 comment:

  1. Rach, your story about hitting your nose reminds me of our first day in costa rica when you had been crying because someone accidentally hit your ear. Your crying made me feel so much better because I was such a mess that day (even though your crying was much more short-lived than mine which lasted for days haha).
    Goodbyes are tough, but I'm so excited for you and this adventure in Oslo!! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear immediately.