16 October 2013

project life in 2013: june

week 45
june 3-9
What happened this week? We took Elise on a cabin trip. Then Brad, Georgeann and Mathea arrived. And then Gary and Celeste arrived. We had a fun time hanging out in Oslo with all of them!
Anything special in the spread? I stapled some vellum and some cut out stars to some of the pictures. Nothing too fancy here. I like combing my kraft core kit with the seafoam kit. They blend well.
Favorite photo:  I love the one of Gary and Celeste imitating the statue- they did on several occasions while in Oslo and it always made me smile :)

week 46
june 10- 16
What happened this week? We had a Munch Monday, in which we saw almost all of Munch's paintings. Then we hopped on a train for our Norway in a Nutshell trip to Bergen. After returning from Bergen, Elise left and we had a fun weekend with Gary and Celeste. We toured the Opera house, went to church, enjoyed a picnic while at the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra concert, and had a lovely meal at Tasty Thai.
Anything special in the spread? Not much. The photos make this spread special. I did most of my journaling on the date card. I tucked in a piece of paper from the Opera house and a sticker from the Philharmonic concert.
Favorite photo: It's tough to choose. Maybe the one of Josh, Elise, and me doing cross words on the train because we did so many crosswords on that trip!

week 47
june 17-23
What happened this week? We took Gary and Celeste on a cabin trip to Spikerjernhytte. Afterwards we had to wish them farewell as they left for the next leg of their European trip. It was so great to have the Cranston family with us and we felt a little lonely after they left. Josh and I did some serious cleaning in our apartment before we left for our own trip-a visit with some dear friends in Germany.
Anything special in the spread? I used some thickers to spell "home" on our letter wall. Mostly just photos and kraft or seafoam journaling cards. Simple and sweet.
Favorite photo: The four of us outside the cabin is great. I am also glad to have a picture of me on that colorful wall outside of the bus terminal because I would often see it and want a picture. I never got around to taking one. Finally, the last time I'd be by the wall I asked Josh to take a picture of me.

Well, June down. July, August and September still to go. I've finished all those  pages, so it's just a matter of sharing them here. 

Supplies and Tools: American Crafts thickerswashi tape, paper source labels, pretty paper from Dick Blick, random paper from my stash, Design A and B photo pocket pages (this variety pack), Seafoam core kit, Kraft core kit, Cobalt cardstock, black sharpie, black steadtler fineliner pen, slicker writer pens.

Project Life is a simple scrapbooking system by Becky Higgins.  I am using this system to document our first year of marriage with photos, words and other fun paper stuff.  You can see my other project life pages here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear immediately.