05 November 2012
about 20 apples (but really, use as many can fit into your largest pot)
Okay, we don't really have a recipe with specifically measured ingredients. But this is what we do:
1. Core apples and cut into 8 pieces
2. Put apples into a pot with 1-2 cups of water
3. Add a few spoonfuls of brown sugar, several squeezes of lemon juice and several dashes of cinnamon.
4. Cook for 1-3 hours or until apples can easily be mashed. Taste the applesauce and decide if you want more sugar or cinnamon.
5. Eat some, let it cool and put your delicious apple sauce in jars for the winter!
Apple Cinnamon Coffeecake
Puff Pancake with Apples (Instead of sautéing pears, we sauteed apples)