13 September 2013

project life in 2013: weeks 39 + 40.

week 39
april 22-28
What happened this week? Josh was studying, I didn’t have to babysit so I decided to write a paper about intrinsic motivation. (Fitting topic, huh?) I caught up with a bunch of friends I hadn’t seen in a while and I went on an overnight cabin trip with Molly and other friends. On the weekend we went to a soccer game at Ullevaal Stadion near our house and hosted some Polish couch surfers, which was a really cool experience. 
(Click on the photos to see them larger)
Anything special in the spread? I included a ticket from the soccer game and a note that our new Polish friends left us. I also made a special date card by taping strips of washi tape to cardstock.
Favorite photo: I love the photo of the cabin. Right now it seems like the essence of Norway to me.
Overall thoughts? Fun spread; I was glad to use the Design B photo pocket page, which I don’t use that often.

week 40
april 29- march 5
What happened this week? Josh continued to study, I finished up my intrinsic motivation paper and then my grandparents and aunt came to visit! How awesome is that?! They were only in Oslo for a few days before embarking on a big European trip. We went to a bunch of museums and had a meal at our flat and walked around our lake.
(Click on the photos to see them larger)
Anything special in the spread? I found a picture of my parents and sister on facebook, which I included. That feels special because I usually don’t use a lot of photos that I haven’t taken myself. I also included a letter that I received from my host mom from Costa Rica. That is also really special.
Favorite photo: My parents and sister together. That photo brightened my day when I saw it and it still brings me so much joy. 
Overall thoughts? This is a photo heavy spread, which I love. I didn't have a ton of vertical 4x6 photos, so I used a larger journaling card to write about our week.

Supplies and Tools: American Crafts thickerswashi tape, paper source labels, pretty paper from Dick Blick, random paper from my stash, Design A and B photo pocket pages (this variety pack), Seafoam core kit, Cobalt cardstock, black sharpie, black steadtler fineliner pen, slicker writer pens. 

Project Life is a simple scrapbooking system by Becky Higgins.  I am using this system to document our first year of marriage with photos, words and other fun paper stuff.  You can see my other project life pages here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated, so your comment will not appear immediately.